Sunday, January 4, 2015

What is love asking of you?

Dear Daughters,

What more can we desire than to be offered to the Father by the pierced hands of the Beloved.  It is in our suffering, disappointments, betrayals that our generosity unfolds beautifully.  The one thing Jesus desires is the one thing, however, that we so often withhold from Him.  The world cannot see this and neither can we until we are wholly living in Jesus.

 "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him . . . "  My poor love, everything he does must be lovely to us, and especially when we do not see it as lovely.  Here is your great opportunity to live out your real trust, sinking back into the loving pierced hands of Jesus and letting Him offer you with Him to the Father.  Not to understand, not to desire, not to feel resigned or happy or anything but outraged and somehow betrayed: what scope for love at last to take over!  Please don't think I feel anything but the deepest compassion for you, but I do know that much will depend for you on how total your generosity is in responding.

What is love asking of you?  I don't know, but something He is not getting.  Remember, my dearest, that only Jesus sees us as we are.  So only when we are wholly in Jesus, seeing through His eyes, loving with His heart, judging with His mind, can we see another truly.  No person exists for us "out there" - only "in here", and if my inner heart fears or repels them, then distortedly.  But the Heart of Jesus accepts them wholly as they are . . .  .

Sister Wendy Beckett