Thursday, January 23, 2014

"I Thirst to Give You Souls" - St. Therese


Holy Card Made by St. Therese - Christ On the Cross


R°  I thirst…..Give me a drink  Jn 19,28   4,7

If you knew the gift of God and who is saying to you, "Give me a drink", you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."…Whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst again; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life…

Sir, give me this water that I may not be thirsty or have to keep coming here to draw water. Jn 4

Lord, you know that I love you, but have pity on me. O God, be merciful to me a sinner.
Jn 21,15     Lk 18,13


V° (The three verses on the verso are taken from poem 24, verses 10, 24 and 25, with variations)

Remember that alongside the fountain a Traveler tired by the journey made waves of love from within his breast overflow on the Samaritan woman. Ah, I know him who asked for a drink. He is the Gift of God, the source of Glory. He is Water springing up. It’s he who said to us, "Come to me."

Remember the loving moan that escaped from your Heart on the cross. Ah! Jesus, that moan is impressed in my heart, and I share your burning thirst. The more I feel myself burning with your divine flames, the more I thirst to give you souls. With love’s thirst I burn night and day, Remember.

Remember, Jesus, Word of Life, how you loved me and even died for me. I also want to love you to folly. I also want to live and die for You. You know, O my God! all that I desire is to make you loved and one day be a martyr. I want to die of love. Lord, my desire, remember.